Become a Pilot
Clare Municipal Airport will help facilitate flight training for your Private Pilot license
Take the first step to becoming a Pilot! This 10 week class provides the knowledge needed to attempt the FAA Aeronautical Knowledge Test (AKT). This Ground School course includes all necessary books needed to sufficiently prepare for the written examination. Upon completion of the required coursework, students will receive the instructor's endorsement to sit for the FAA exam at a testing site.
Contact Dennis for the next class schedule and more info:
The Private pilot rating allows the pilot to carry passengers as you use your new license to create flying adventures. As a private pilot you are also eligible to fly many more types of aircraft. For more details, please contact us to discuss your options.
Requirements for Licensing:
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Be able to read, speak, and understand the English language
- Obtain at least a current third-class medical certificate
- Have logged at least 40 hours (20 hours of flight training)
- Pass a knowledge test as well as the practical test